Los Angeles Hit and Run Attorney
It happens every day in Los Angeles County. Good people are involved in traffic collisions. But something happens. Panic sets in, or confusion and many other factors come into play. A person continues to drive after an accident, and leaves the scene. They regain their composure shortly thereafter, and they want to make things right. The question that remains is “What do I do now?” Prompt assistance is critical, to determine the best approaches in your specific situation.
Gregory Caplan explains the importance of obtaining immediate legal representation if you or a loved one is accused of hit and run, in this video, at: Los Angeles Hit and Run Attorney.
Mr. Caplan has handled well over 100 Hit and Run Cases, as a prosecutor and defense lawyer. He is familiar with effective approaches to these situations, and provides timely and effective representation for his clients. While results always depend on unique circumstances of each case, Mr. Caplan’s systematic approach is designed to determine each client’s most effective strategies.
You can read about Los Angeles Hit and Run Attorney Gregory Caplan’s extraordinary efforts in his client reviews, here, as well as some recent case results, below:
• The City Prosecutor's Office was planning on filing misdemeanor Hit and Run charges on client. Mr. Caplan convinced prosecutor to decline prosecution on hit and run and resolve case for zero point infraction charges, instead.
• Client was accused of a Hit and Run in Granada Hills. Mr. Caplan intervened with LAPD Traffic Division on behalf of client- no charges were filed.
•Mr. Caplan's client was accused of Hit and Run charges at Burbank Court. Mr. Caplan convinced judge and city prosecutor to dismiss misdemeanor charges and resolve case with a no-point infraction charge.
• A Client was accused of a Burbank Hit and Run. Mr. Caplan convinced prosecutor to proceed with City Attorney Diversion, which allowed for an infraction resolution and dismissal of misdemeanor charges.
• Client was accused of Hit and Run in Los Angeles. Mr. Caplan convinced L.A. City Attorney’s Office to send case to APPS Diversion Program rather than file the case.
• Mr. Caplan represented a Client in City Attorney Office Hearing where the client was accused of hit and run. Mr. Caplan convinced the City Attorney Hearing Officer to close out case without criminal charges.
• Client was accused of Hit and Run in Los Angeles. Mr. Caplan intervened on behalf of client, and no charges were filed.
In some early interventions, Mr. Caplan has worked out resolutions where the investigating law enforcement agency did not request any criminal charges against his clients. This possibility is not available to someone who waits until a case is filed in court.
If a case is already filed, Mr. Caplan vigorously pursues other possible options including, Diversion, Civil Compromise, and/or Dismissal.
If you have been involved in a hit and run incident, contact Los Angeles Hit and Run Attorney Gregory Caplan, now, at 213-400-5355, to see how he can help you!
More Important Information about Los Angeles Hit and Run Violations
Hit and Run charges are typically filed when a driver does not exchange appropriate information after being involved in a traffic incident. Charges may be filed even if your vehicle does not actually make contact with another person or vehicle. You can be charged with Hit and Run if you were “involved” in the incident, i.e., if your actions resulted in damage or injury to another.
In California, if you are involved in a car accident, even if it wasn’t your fault, you are still obligated to stop and exchange information with all parties involved in the accident, or be subject to a Hit and Run charge.
Hit and Run resulting in injury to a person can be pursued as a felony or misdemeanor, depending on the injuries. Property damage Hit and Run can only be charged as a misdemeanor. Penalties for Hit and Run include jail, fines, and probation, as well as suspension of Driving Privileges. A conviction of a hit and run results in a two-point violation on your DMV record, which is the same amount of points as a DUI. These above issues highlight the importance of promptly hiring an effective Hit and Run Attorney.
Hit and Run Consequences
A person charged with a Hit and Run violation may face substantial punishment any of these factors exist:
- Another person was injured or killed
- Substantial property damage
- Prior criminal history or negative driving history
Los Angeles Hit and Run Attorney Gregory Caplan
If you have been involved in a hit and run incident, you need immediate help. Gregory Caplan can provide you effective guidance and assistance in resolving your Hit and Run in Los Angeles.
If you have been involved in a hit and run incident, call to discuss your legal options today at 213-400-5355.
Contact us about your legal matter today!